Wednesday, March 4, 2009

First words

"You should start a blog," she said, and I laughed.  I'd thought about it, but I didn't know what I could say that hadn't been said before, and better, by someone else.  

But then I realized that I don't have to start with my own words... sometimes I hear things that seem ordinary in passing, but lifted from their conversational context they are universally true, or uniquely beautiful, or deliciously ironic.  So I decided to scavenge these words, things other people say, and use them as starting points for stories, tucking them into different settings and situations just to see if they still work.  Creative reuse.

I'll credit the source by initials and date at the end of each post... if you talk to me, you'll probably inspire me at some point.  Or you already have... thanks.

EP 2/24/09

No comments:

Post a Comment